Berat Cultural Heritage

It was first mentioned in the VII - V centuries as a proto - urban dwelling place. In the year 216 BCE, during the wars between Rome and Illyrian armies it was named Antipatrea.

The first excavations at this site began in the year 1963 headed by Albanian archaeologist Prof. Dr. Aleksandra Mano. Since that time, a 30m long stoa (covered walkway) has been unearthed.

The Ethnographic Museum of Berat is inside a traditional house, which dates back to the end of 18th century CE.

The “Lead” Mosque, it was built in the year 1481.The social, cultural and religious structure embodies the topology of classic Turkish portico style halls with a cupola and the mosque at the right side of the entra

The remains of the Red Mosque are visible to the south of the upper fortress, near the west surrounding-wall of the castle.

The Saint Triad Church was built between the second half of the 13th century CE and the beginning of 14th century CE.It is the best example of the inscribed cross-type churches with a cupola.