Lezha Castle, originating from Illyrian times, is located at the top of a 186 meter high hill to the east of the town of Lezha. In 1440 CE it was reconstructed by the Venetians, and then again in 1522 CE after the Ottoman conquest. The castle bears traces of Illyrian, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman architecture. Interesting places to visit include the ruins of the Ottoman buildings inside the castle, the tower at the southeastern wall with its Roman arch, the mosque and the Illyrian tower on the southern wall. In addition to being a cultural monument, the castle offers a beautiful view of the fields of Lezha and the Adriatic Sea.